Where to start getting comfortable
Our goal is to start the loan process by answering your questions and helping you feel at ease with the loan process. At Capital Family Mortgage, we are here to help you.
Here’s what to expect from the home buying process:
- You might want to try out some of the tools or read a bit about your loan choices. Look through the online loan application to see what information you will need, including:
- W-2s for the past 2 years
- If you’re self-employed, the last 2 years’ tax returns
- Pay stubs from the past 30 days
- Copies of stock or bond statements, including retirement accounts
- Papers regarding bankruptcy, judgments or divorce
- We have a link to start the loan process online if you wish, or call for an appointment with one of our experienced loan specialists to find out how much house you can afford and what loan options are available to you. Once everything is in order, you may be pre-approved for a mortgage.
- Choose a real estate agent to represent your best interests in the purchase transaction, and start shopping! We’ll keep you informed and explain the process along the way. Call us at any time with questions.
- You focus on the fun part of shopping for your new home, and we’ll get your financing in order and prepare all the documents for you.
- Choose your home. Your real estate agent will help negotiate the terms of the offer and purchase, and help you line up a home inspection.
- We’ll order an appraisal and preliminary title report on the home.
- Talk to your insurance agent about homeowners insurance.
- Plan your move!
Here’s what to expect when refinancing:
Schedule an appointment with one of our experienced loan specialists, or apply online to get pre-approved for the mortgage. We will order an appraisal and preliminary title report. Close on your refinance! In most cases, we can complete this process in just 2 to 3 weeks.
Quick answers to your mortgage questions:
We’re here to help you make sense of the complexity of home financing. We have a collection of resources to help you understand the steps and make decisions about your home loan needs, including information on current interest rates, the various loan programs we offer, a convenient online application, and a calculator to help you explore how variables like down payment and loan terms affect your monthly payments.
Have other questions? Give us a call!